let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around
White Picket Fence Anyone? Solid and cozy 2 bed 1 bath home with a single attached garage and a huge fully fenced & private backyard. Backyard includes a large 38x9 covered deck, 24x16 garden and a 27.5 x by 10 greenhouse and storage shed / workshop. This is perfect for a first time buyer, empty nester, or investor. Over 11,000 in recent updates including new roof June 2022, washer 2020, fridge 2019, fu...Listed by SUTTON GROUP-LAKEFRONT REALTY
Beautiful downtown location! In the heart of Front Street. Fabulous restaurants, Art galleries, KVR trail and the beach within steps of this home. Elegant 17’ ceilings makes it so much more spacious. Floor to ceiling windows allows the bright light to shine through. Generous 1358 SF floor plan consisting of 1 loft bedroom and 2 full bathrooms. No rental restrictions and pet friendly. Granite countertops, hard...
Luxury condo living can be yours in the South Okanagan. Welcome to Skaha Hills on of Penticton's most successful Real Estate developments. Quality built by Greyback Construction this 1,414 sqft 2 bedroom plus den home has everything you can ask for. Beautiful lake and mountain views, spacious open concept floor plan with 9' ceilings throughout, large kitchen island with quartz counters, built-in oven and gas ...Listed by RE/MAX PENTICTON REALTY
Beautiful home, centrally located in Penticton, a most sought after area. 4 bed/2.5 bath on a huge 8,000 plus sq. ft. lot. It can easily be turned into a suite or 5th bedroom and there is a rec room downstairs. Private backyard with lots of greenery and fruit trees. Lots of parking space. Close to Peachtree Shopping Centre, Cherry Lane Mall, schools, etc. Presently rented to really nice tenants for $3,000/mon...Listed by RE/MAX PENTICTON REALTY
Welcome Home to 22-14008 Victoria Road North. This well maintained, adult oriented complex is in the heart of beautiful Summerland! Enjoy this bright airy home all year round with a fabulous enclosed sundeck with views of the mountains, roomy living and dining areas, 2 generous sized bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms and a generous sized interior storage room. A short stroll to Summerland shopping, rec centre and resta...Listed by SKAHA REALTY GROUP INC.
Fantastic investment, vacation or full time living apartment. This 736 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bath home is a couple minute walk to Okanagan Beach with all its restaurants, events and beautiful sand, water and sky! This apartment has the advantage of the top floor South East corner with only one shared wall with another unit. The many updates (kitchen, bathroom, flooring, carpeting, and fixtures) add to its warmt...Listed by ROYAL LEPAGE LOCATIONS WEST
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015